This version of Mudlet really goes full circle! Choose from multiple languages for your Mudlet interface. Show information about the games you play in your Discord profile. Copy text as an image for easy sharing with others.
Mudlet is a modern client, so it only makes sense for us to integrate with the most modern games app 😉 games played through Mudlet now look as good as any other in Discord!
To protect your privacy, this feature is opt-in – enable it by ticking the Discord box for the profile:
As a player, you’re in complete control of what gets displayed in Discord and you can disable any specific piece of information from being displayed in the privacy settings.
Games supporting this integration at launch at Achaea, Aetolia, Imperian, Lusternia, MidMUD, StickMUD, Luminari, and WoTMUD. If your game isn’t supported, ask your game admins to add support, or get dirty yourself with some Lua.
New game: StickMUD
StickMUD, as veteran game, now supports Mudlet! Check it out because it certainly looks cool to us.
StickMUD is a free, medieval fantasy game with a graphical user interface and a depth of features. You are welcomed into the game world with maps and dashboards to complement your imagination. Newbies escape quickly into game play with minimal study time. Awaken under the wondrous Mallorn Tree in the center of Newbie Park and learn by playing. Challenge non-player characters to gain experience, advance level and maximize your stats. Between battles, sit on the enchanted bench under the Tree to rapidly heal and reduce wait time. Signs in the park present game features such as races, clans and guilds. Read up on teasers about the adventures on the path ahead like dragons, castles and sailing. Upon maturing to level 5, join a guild and learn the ways of a Bard, Fighter, Mage, Necromancer, Ninja, Thief, Healer or Priest. Train skills in both craft and combat aligned with your guild. Participate in frequent game-wide events to earn points exchanged for gold, experience or skill training. Heroes and villains alike are invited! Role play is optional and player vs. player combat is allowed in much of the game.
StickMUD was born in Finland in June 1991 and is now hosted in Canada. Our diverse community of players and active game engineers are ready to welcome new players like you to one of the best text-based multi-player games ever!
Languages are in! As part of our roadmap for 4.0 to make Mudlet internalisation-friendly, you can now select the language to use for the Mudlets interface:
Big shout-out to Leris for translating German :) Can you help us translate Mudlet into your language?
Text as image
Now that Mudlet integrates with Discord, wouldn’t it be nice if you could just copy/paste a colour log right into it? Well, you can: select your text, right-click, Copy as image.
If you’re a game admin, your game can now tell Mudlet there’s a map available for download! See spec for details.
While modules were always getting saved properly, syncing across profiles wasn’t waiting until the new, quicker saving was actually done before – now it will! Module sync works as well as it should again.
Tired of the boring black? While you could always change the background colour, functions like cecho() and Mudlets information messages didn’t respect it – this has now been fixed:
Hacktoberfest is here! It’s an awesome event for the duration of October – be the first of 50,000 to submit 5 pull requests to an open-source project on Github, and earn a t-shirt!
Thanks for the code improvements in this release to: adayoung, JorMox, keneanung, Leris, SlySven, and vadi2.
- small nudge to upload exported package to Mudlet forums
- Discord Rich Presence support
- ‚Copy as image‘ right-click display feature
- ‚create room‘ right-click mapper feature
- getPlayerRoom() to see the current player location
- new default game: StickMUD!
- new feature for games: tell Mudlet you can provide a map
- language selection for the interface
- parsing of GMCP messages that embed newlines in data
- module sync now works with the faster saving
- selectSection not accepting ‚main‘ and returning wrong value
- resetFormat(), cecho(), and many other functions now respect a custom background colour
- tab completion now works for languages other than English
- Geyser.Mapper will now stay hidden of the container its in is hidden
- Mudlet editor crashing when renaming a variable
- „highlight“ trigger will properly highlight non-English text as well
- downloadFile() will now follow redirects (works for download from Github)
- HTML logs can now be wrapped on displays not big enough
- code editor won’t auto-scroll when you click on the last few lines
- settings can now be opened for multiple profiles at once
- doing cecho(nil) will now give a nicer error message
- running mudlet.exe in Windows command-line will now show debug information
- added autodeployment for Windows Continuous Integration build