It’s autumn, we’re back from summer vacation and have been adding more features into Mudlet for you!
Completely redesigned, mudlet.org is now a brand new website. As we’d love for more people to get into MUD gaming, having a modern website is a necessary foundation for that. Go check it out, we’d love to hear your feedback. Big thanks to itsTheFae and vadi2 for the work!
You can now duplicate in your own profile, or across profiles, with copy/paste as you’d expect to:
Toggle search buttons with Alt+L
With the menu bar enabled:
You can now use Alt+L or Toolbox > Compact input line:
You can now deregister event handlers created with registerAnonymousEventHandler() using killAnonymousEventHandler() – or even just register temporary event handlers that expire after matching a certain condition. Big thanks to keneanung for adding this feature!
Use functions & lambdas more
registerAnonymousEventHandler(), tempTrigger(), tempColorTrigger(), tempLineTrigger(), tempComplexRegexTrigger(), tempRegexTrigger(), tempBeginOfLineTrigger(), and tempExactMatchTrigger() now all can accept Lua functions in addition to code in []’s after the efforts of keneanung and vadi2. Compare the target highlight trigger how you had to write before:
With how you can write it now:
For a start, you don’t have to get lost in the sea of []’s and syntax highlighting works fine. You can also pass the function name as-is:
This is handy in a whole lot of cases – you no longer have you expose your internal functions publicly if you’d like them to trigger on something; this advanced example is now possible:
local name = "Bob" local function example() print("Name variable is: "..name) end tempTrigger("some text", example)
local keyword in here was not something previously possible.
Search crash fixed
A pretty seldom one, but one that would happen nonetheless – Mudlet could crash when you searched for something in the buffer. This one was pretty hard to track down, but we believe we’ve found it – so if you’ve ever had it happen, upgrade!
Double prompt logging fixed
Built-in logging would be logging the prompt twice – that’s been fixed now, and logging works as expected.
Editor bug notifications
When you had a bug in your code, fixed it, and saved – the notification wouldn’t always go away. The bug in the code bugs notification has been squashed! Thanks to vadi2 for digging into this, logging, and the search crash.
Windows preview builds
A lot of work goes behind the scenes to make Mudlet better. Thanks to keneanung‘s efforts, we now can do preview builds for Windows in addition to the existing macOS and Linux builds. Helping us test new features is one way you could help Mudlet improve and now you can test from any computer!
We could use your help
Have you been using Mudlet for a while? We could use your help in several areas.
macOS users! We have to pay money rid of this thing:
Windows requires similar:
We don’t charge for Mudlet, so you can see an obvious problem there – a code signing certificate over a hundred bucks a year. Help us out, visit the contributing page.
Code-wise, Mudlet is participating in Hacktoberfest – help contribute to the open project and get a limited edition T-shirt!
We’re also looking at revamping our Windows installer so it’s not a series of “next next next” buttons to be as streamlined as possible – as part of this, we’re looking for an install animation to play while things are getting setup. If you’ve got skills this area, help us out!
- addedWindows preview builds
- added ability to toggle search buttons with Alt+L
- added ability to use functions and lambdas for tempTrigger(), tempColorTrigger(), tempLineTrigger(), tempComplexRegexTrigger(), tempRegexTrigger(), tempBeginOfLineTrigger(), and tempExactMatchTrigger()
- added killAnonymousEventHandler()
- enabled copy/paste of aliases/triggers/etc
- fixed “Copy map to other profile(s)” crashing
- fixed bad code notifications to go away when you save with
- fixed crash that could happen if you deleted a trigger/alias/etc and then tried to view in Preferences > code preview
- fixed expandAlias(“command”, nil) to work
- fixed logging not to log the prompt twice
- fixed Mudlet crashing sometimes (pretty seldomly) when you used the search
- fixed mudlet-lua shortcut to be a proper shortcut on Windows
- fixed small inconsistency in error message display between the error view and main display
- fixed windows link to work
- improved event names, trigger/alias/etc to now be trimmed of spaces when saving
- improved Mudlet icon resolution on Ubuntu
- improved: registerAnonymousEventHandler now allows you to register functions and lambdas
- new mudlet website!
- added object names to buttons on the toolbar so setAppStyleSheet() can target them
- enabled Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert shotcuts in the code editor